The Richmond Golf Club is home to a Grade 1, period building dating back to the early 18th Century. The Mansion was designed by the renowned architect, James Gibbs, for John Campbell, 2nd Duke of Argyll. Construction began in 1715 and was substantially complete in 1720.
Widely regarded as one of the finest examples of English Palladian architecture, the building is among the most distinguished of Georgian Mansions. The facades feature pillared porticos of white Portland stone set between red brick wings. Central to the house is the famous Cube Room with its fine oak doors, pine panelling and plasterwork carvings by Italian craftsmen Bagatti and Aroti.
The Club has a very busy social scene which combines both formal and numerous informal fun and family days. Included in these are several National Days, a Summer Party, a traditional Burns’ Night and a Fireworks Extravaganza.