TITLES NO LONGER REQUIRED
The Club was founded in February, 1891, at a meeting at the Greyhound Hotel in Richmond.
The new Club briefly leased a course at Old Deer Park, before moving to Sudbrook Park in Petersham, where it has been happily located ever since.
Since it was so close to Westminster, many of its early members were also members of the Government.
They included three Lord Chancellors (Lords Halsbury, Loreburn and Cave), a Speaker of the House of Commons (William Gully, later Lord Selby), and a Prime Minister (Arthur Balfour).
High office is no longer a pre-requisite for prospective members, but we still compete for the Halsbury Cup and the Selby Challenge Cup, as well as for the Prince Arthur of Connaught Challenge Cup.